Glaesel and Mossner violin, Markneukirchen
Ernst Glaesel founded Glaesel and Mossner, one of the better commercial workshops in Markneukirchen, in 1873, making a number of grades and styles of violin family instruments. This late nineteenth century example has a surprisingly lovely sound, resonant but smooth and creamy, with a very appealing, silvery quality across all four strings. The flamed maple of the back has an unusual, quilted appearance. This violin would made a very good instrument for a middle grade student acquiring their first full sized instrument.